Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I'm still in number 1 spot

Jashley were barely 6 months old then when I decided to work again. I wanted sana to wait for her to turn 1 year old before I go back working so we can have more bonding times pa, but masyado na malaki ang monthly house expenses namin. Hubby can provide naman, he can cover for our daily basic necessities. and I am very thankful to God that I have a responsible Hubby, but I admit we're still kinukulang, we can't have any kind of luho, and most importantly we're not able to save for the future. So when I found out that the previous company where I worked, before I go to singapore is currently hiring, I contacted the manager and asked if I can apply, he requested for my updated CV, the next day after I submitted it, I receive agad the Job Offer letter, I signed it and thats it, in 2 weeks time I'm back into the corporate world. 

I felt both happiness and sadness at the same time. I am happy because I actually missed my job, my profession, and of course I will be able to help Hubby na with our expenses. But that means I have to leave Jashley to Mama everyday. No more 24/7 hours of play, hugging and kissing. We only have mornings before I leave for work, at night and during weekeends for that. And what actually scared me is the thought that she might get more closer to her Lola (MIL) than to me, don't get me wrong I love my MIL and very thankful that she is willing to take care of Jashley so I am able to continue my profession. But of course being a mom, as much as possible I want to be the first in my daughters heart, me and her daddy, kaso paano nga yun kung both of us is working. 
Anyways here's our set up, during weekends we made sure that Jashley is with us, kami ni Hubby ang nag-aalaga. As much as possible my in-laws won't take her from us during these days so we can have some quality time with her. Si Jashley naman whenever we're home she doesn't want to come to either Mama or Papa, she wants only me & her Daddy. But nowadays kahit kay Daddy ayaw nya din paminsan, I always tease Daddy that number 2 lang siya sa puso ni Jashley ako padin ang number 1, hehe. Whenever I was around kasi, she didn’t wanna be washed, changed or carried by anyone else except me, minsan nga lalapitan lang nila tatakbo na sakin akala nya siguro kukunin siya. If bigla ako mawala sa paningin nya, sisigaw na yan ng "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy" until she saw me again. When someone is taking her from me, she will hug me tightly so no one can get her from me. Buti nga recently when I really need to excuse myself from her to be able do something, I will just tell her "Mommy will need to go to the toilet" and she will let me go na. 

In mornings naman, di naman siya humahabol when I leave for work, I always explain kasi sa kanya na Mommy is going to office. Kasama sila ni Mama tuwing hinahatid ako ni Papa (FIL) sa sakayan ng bus. When you ask her "Where Mommy will ride?" she will reply "Bus" then ask "going to?" she will answer "Office". While inside the tricycle, we will be exchanging a lot of bye-byes, kisses, i love yous, and after I alight she will send me flying kisses, then I will let them go home na, I don't want to let her stay longer dun kasi masyadong mausok since its a highway. And I tell you that it is always the sad part of my day, I also see on my baby's eyes that she's sad too, she will just stare at me as if telling me na "iiwan mo nanaman ako" habang lumalayo sila. 
On the other hand according to Mama, during the day when she knows that her Daddy and I are not home, si Mama  naman ang ayaw nya hiwalayan, Mama was able to work lang daw when Jashley is sleeping or if Papa will play with her, kasi that's the time lang na sasama si Jashley kay Papa if they will play, kaso madalas hinihika si Papa after they played kasi harutan pala ang trip ng bata. 
At night, we usually arrive around 8:30 or 9:00 pm, she's still awake pa naman most of the time, upon seeing me and her daddy, she will run towards us tuwang tuwa. She will make kalkal my bag to find a pasalubong. Then will pull me through the back door while saying "tamon...house" meaning come on, let go to our house. And then ayun, no pansin nanaman sa kanya ang Mama at Papa until I leave again for work. 

Before when she was in "nangingilala" stage already she doesn't want to be carried by anyone except Me, Daddy, Mama & Papa. When she turns 1 year old she wanted Me and Mama mostly. Then naging Me and his Daddy whenever we're around. Pero ngayon etsapuwera na talaga sila lahat if I'm around. Sabi ko nga kay Daddy mukang kaagaw pa nya si Mama sa number 2 spot kay Jashley, hahaha.
Anyway Mommies, especially working Moms like me, though we can't be with our babies 24/7, I know no one can replace us in their tiny hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment