Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Puyat moments

After I gave birth to Jashley, almost all of my Mommy friends would tell me that it will be the start of our sleepless nights. Apparently it is not the case with Jashley, I didn't have any problem with her during night time because she sleeps althrough out the night, though she wakes up early around 5am the same time that her daddy wakes up to prepare for his work. But during day time maximum na yung 30 mins of sleep for her, I already tried turning off the lights, blocked the sunlight coming through the windows, don't make any noise, but still she cannot sleep longer than 30 minutes. One time after I lulled her to sleep, I didn't put her down to see if she can sleep longer on my arms, guess what? she was able to sleep for 3 hours straight. Since that moment, during daytime I let her sleep on my arms so she can sleep longer. We do this everyday until she is aorund 5 months, finally she was able to sleep lying down na during daytime. On night time she still sleeps from 7pm to 6am the next day. I really didn't experiencd waking up in the middle of the night for any reason other than I have to feed her. After that we can both resume our sleep.

Of course its a different story whenever she's sick, worse when she have flu and congested nose. Because the only way she can sleep well is if I carry her and sleep while on sitting position. So the first time she got sick is also my first sleepless night experience with her.

But these past few days, she keeps on whinning at night, and I don't know what's the exact reason. I checeked her but looks like she's not sick naman, like last night. She's a little fuzzy and whinny. We arrived home late last night because we dine-out with hubby's office friends. As expected she's already sleeping when we arrived, When I carried her upstair and lie her down on the bed, she's awake na pala. I told her to gp back to sleep again, usually she's able to sleep back. But this time she didn't, and she suddenly speak;

Jashley: Daddy. Higa. (while pointing on the space on the bed beside her)
Me: Opo, dyan higa si Daddy, wait mo lang nasa baba pa si Daddy.

After a couple of minutes hubby entered the room upon seeing her Daddy she stood up and went to her Daddy.

Daddy: Bakit nagising ka na? late na, sleep na ulit. (While putting her back into bed)
Jashley: Dito. Higa.
Daddy: Opo, Higa na si Daddy, sleep ka na din.

She then burried her face into her pillow, matagal-tagal din so I thought she's already sleeping na. Until I heard her soft cries, I pat her gently while telling her that there's nothing to worry because Mommy is here. She stopped for a while then she whine again and keeps on turning and turning. I asked her if she wants milk, she said "milk" so I gave her milk. After that di padin natulog she wants to play daw, kaso ako naman sobrang antok na. I let her watch on my phone nalang her favorite mickey mouse clubhouse so I can sleep, kaso everytime the video ends or she accidentaly press the home button of the phone, she will wake me up and ask me to resume the video. She keeps on waking me also to tell me whatever was seeing on the screen, like she's explaining to me what is happening there, for example "Mommy...dog...awww-awww-awww" (while pluto is barking), or "Mommy...mouse...dance" (because mickey mouse is dancing). Kahit na antok na antok na ko I try to respond parin, so she won't feel that I ignore what she was saying.

Anyways, around 4am nagisingan ko nlang she's already sleeping na and then the phone was on my hand, I don't know how it happened, I just remember that I tried taking the phone from her one time and asked her to sleep na but she said "no, ayaw" so I let her continue watching. Maybe I tried it again then she let me and she sleeps na. Ayun para tuloy akong zombie sa office kinabukasan sa sobrang puyat.

There are times na 3 consecutive days siyang ganyan, we're taking turns nalang ni hubby so one can fully rest kahit papaano. Several times hubby wasn't able to come to office due to his headache cause of lack of sleep.

There is also this instance that we are sleeping on the living room, we arrive home late also that time so inorder to not wake her up we decided not to transfer her upstair and just sleep there nalang din. Around 1 am she wawkes up crying and keeps pointing at the door through the dirty kitchen while saying "dayaw" which we don't know the meaning. We offer her milk, to watch, to play but she refuse it all. She still keeps on pointing at the door, I ask her if she wants to go to Mama's (MIL) house, by the way my in-laws house and our house is just right beside each other and connected through the dirty kitchen at the back.

When I asked her if she wants to go to mama, she replied "Mama", so hubby then called Mama, but when Mama is getting her from me, mas lalo pa sya umiyak and again point to the door while shouting "dayaw" again. Hubby said maybe she wanted to go to my in-laws house so we brought her there but after getting to my in-laws house she again points back to the dirty kitchen outside. around 5 times we've been going back and forth to our house and my in-laws house. When we were inside the house, she will say "dayaw" while pointing outside but when we're outside she will say "house" while pointing naman on either our house or my in-laws house, the weird thing is she will stop crying while we're passing through the dirty kitchen. It's a little creepy but as much as possible I don't want to entertain that idea. When she finally stops crying hubby and I pray and ask God's protection.

How about you Moms out there? What are your puyat moments with your babies?.

No comments:

Post a Comment