Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DIY Guestbook Photobook

Today let me share with you guys what I did for Jashley's guestbook on her birthday last October. I know its super late na, but still I wanna share it here.

I made the layouts (I'll share each pages on a different blog entry) in photoshop using the digital scrapbooking kits I have downloaded from the internet. I started this project since Jashley is around 2 months old, I have nothing much to do that time at home so I decided to create a few layouts for her. I stopped doing layouts when I started working na. Then during Jashley's birthday party preparation, I was looking for Photobooth deals on Groupon when I saw a Photobook "free voucher" from Photobook Philippines, you only need to pay the shipping fee that cost P300.00, because the book will be printed in their main office in Malaysia.



Since it's free, I grabbed it and started digiscrapping again to complete the 40 pages of the book. I had so much fun creating layouts and exceeded the 40 pages, It's hard to choose which layout I won't include, good thing additional pages is allowed on the type of book stated on the voucher, with additional cost (P120 fo 4 pages). So from the original cost of P3,250.00 I only paid P420.00 for this Photobook.

I got a little problem with paying it since I don't own a credit card nor a paypal, I only have my visa debit card but unfortunately their system won't accept my card for the reasons I don't know. I emailed them and told them my situation and asked for a different mode of payment like bank deposit. At first they advised me to borrow a credit card from a friend so I can proceed immediately because bank deposit process takes a while, but if thats not an option for me, they will put my order on offline payment so I can pay thru bank deposit. Since I don't know anyone who was willing to let their credit card be borrowed, I settled with the alternative mode of payment which is the bank deposit. I emailed them again to let them know that I will proceed with that offline payment. However, according to them they will allow me to pay with this method once only. Anyways after I got home I uploaded my files on their system and choose the bank deposit mode of payment,

The next day when I was about to go to the bank, Hubby called me telling me that he was able to borrow credit card from his officemate. I don't want to borrow na sana but since I only have 2 weeks before Jashley's birthday, and the production time and delivery timeframe for the book is 5-7 working days, if I opt for the bank deposit It will be needing a couple of more days for them to received my payment before they start the production. Baka di umabot sa birthday ni Jashley. I called the Photobook Philippines to ask them if I can use credit card na lang eventhough they send me their bank details na and sa sytem nila I have choose the bank deposit option na. I said sorry nalang baka kasi naguguluhan na sila sakin, but according to the person I spoke with, theres no problem naman daw since they prefer the credit card payment. Ayun, after 4 working days I received na the package, Ang bilis.

Thank you Photobook Philippines for the free voucher and most importantly for patiently answering my queries kahit na in the end I used credit card din.

No comments:

Post a Comment