Friday, August 28, 2015

Not so good weekend

Hi Mommies, how was your long weekend? Ako? not so good, but still I thank God that Hubby and my little girl is doing great na.

It started Saturday morning, we were at the church and Hubby was not feeling well the whole service due to his migraine. We decided not to attend the afternoon service so Hubby can rest at home. Come night time He's vomitting naman, I told him na magpa-check up na, at first he doesn't want to, he needs to rest lang daw but after awhile buti pumayag na because super worried na talaga ko. Since he doesn't have any fever, according to the Doctor his migraine was due to his stomach so he gave him meds for his sikmura and an oresol to prevent him from dehydration. Pro dahil matigas ang ulo ng asawa ko hindi nya sinunod what the Doctor said, rest lang daw ang kailangan nya. So I let him rest na lang, he still vomit 2 times that night and thank God he is fine na the next morning.

Jashley naman woke up around 1 am that midnight and asked for a milk, I gave her and waited for her to finish but she wasn't able to finish it. Usually after drinking milk she will just get back to sleep but this time I noticed that she's a little uneasy, she kept on turning, she stood up after awhile and asked me to carry her. Exactly after I scooped her up she vomits on me, as in her puke was all over me. After washing her up I tried putting her down so I can clean myself but she won't let me, she's crying and begging me not to put her down. I don't want to disturb Hubby beause I know kakatulog nya lang that time. Good thing that night we decided to sleep on my Parent-in-Law's house (which is just beside our house), dun na kasi nakatulog si Jashley when we left home para magpa-check up si Hubby. As much as I don't want also to disturb my MIL, I don't have a choice but to wakes her up to pass Jashley to her so I can clean up. While I was cleaning up, Jashley vomits again, she vomits all the food she has eaten the whole day. After that 2nd vomiting she stops crying na and goes back to sleep.

The next morning (Sunday) everything seems fine, Hubby is well na and Jashley's is in her usual playful and cheerful self. After we ate breakfast I clean the house, then ung mag-ama ko was outside sitting at our front yard. After awhile they enter the house, Hubby's carrying Jashley and nakasubsob na on his neck, tulog na pala. I told him to let her sleep since mukhang napuyat at napagod siya with all the vomiting happend the night before. After he settled down Jashley Hubby noticed na parang umiinit siya. He checked her temperature and got a 38.5 deg. temp. Until afternoon hindi bumababa ang temperature niya and Then anything she take, whether solid food or just milk, sinusuka nya after taking it. So we decided to bring her na to hospital, and because she's vomitting anything she takes the doctor said she needed to be confined. Hubby and I were a little hesitated because we don't want her to subject to the painful needle works she needed to go through. But ofcourse we don't want to take chances, so we agreed to the doctors advise. But before that Hubby talked to the doctor and asked if they can handle a child because we're sure na magwawala si Jashley kapag nilagayan ng dextrose. The doctor naman assured that they can, since that Hospital is a Childrens Hospital they have a lot of experience in handling childrens.

Ayun na nga super nagwawala na si Jashley when the nurse started to perform the IV insertion, as in awang awa ako sa anak ko. Para siyang kinakatay. She kept on saying "No, please" and "Ayoko na po", and kept on calling me. I held back my tears, I just kept on kissing her and whispering to her na Its ok Mommy is here. First attempt was not successful because her veins daw is difficult to find. When the doctor (who assured us that they can handle childrens) enters the ER and found out that the nurse is having the hard time performing the IV insertion because nga of Jashley's "difficult" veins plus nagwawala pa siya, the doctor said she will be the one to perform na lang daw. Lalong nagwala si Jashley that time, yung nurse na kasi ang nag-restrain sa kanya  while the doctor is doing the IV insertion, hindi ko kasi siya ma-restrain ng mabuti sa sobrang awa ko sa kanya di ko mahigpitan yung paghawak ko kasi alam ko nasasaktan siya. Sino ba namang ina ang hindi maawa if you hear your daughter crying, shouting and asking for your help pero wala kang magawa, she kept on calling me, hanggang sa siguro she notice na wala ako magawa, she then pleaded to the doctor, she said "Tita, please no", "Ayaw ko na po", "Sorry, Tita", the moment I heared her saying sorry to the doctor, naiyak na talaga ko.She thought she did something wrong and what was happening is a punishment for her. It really breaks my heart that moment but I have to be strong for my little girl. I saw Hubby's face he is also holding back his tears. This is the exact reason why as much as possible we don't want her to be confined. Anyway, thank God that kahit medyo natagalan, atleast, it took only one try for the doctor to finally insert the IV, natagalan lang talaga on finding her veins.

After that Jashley still crying and wants to go home, she doesn't want to stay sa ER. When we we're transferred na to our room, she calmed down na but whenever a nurse or someone she don't know entered the room she's starting to cry again, shouting "No, please" and asking me to go home na.

First day at the Hospital, she was busy watching, wag lang may papasok na nurse at sure na magwawala ang bata.

After 2 days she's not crying na when she sees a nurse basta wag lang siya hahawakan, she even greeted them goodmorning or hi whenever they enter the room basta wag lang talaga siya hahawakan, kaya I'm the one taking her temperature and giving her meds, the nurse will record lang yung temp and will instruct me lang what medicine she'll take.

She had an on and off fever eversince we were admitted, usually the fever will occur when she's sleeping pag gising siya the fever subsides, they perform a urine test and blood test on her. She's negative on the urine test but her blood test shows a minimal blood infection, theres nothing to worry naman daw according to the doctor, this is usually occurs for kids ages 3 years below because of their low immune system and since minimal lang naman ang nakita kay Jashley it can be cured with antibiotics. On tuesday they perform again a blood test to see if there's a need for futher tests for dengue since that day is the 3rd day of her fever, actually she doesn't have fever na that tuesday morning around 10am when they perform the test, her last fever was 2am that day, but because that 2am is still within the 3rd day and is not yet 24 hrs since her last fever, the doctor still ordered to perform the test . Thank God the test were negative, may dengue outbreak pa naman sa bulacan ngayon kaya nakakatakot.

Masigla na ang bata at sobrang inip na.

Meet Jashley's bestfriend Teddy. Thanks Teddy for staying by her side.
We were finally discharged on the third day which is wednesday. Since Jashley has no fever na since that tuesday morning. We were instructed lang to continue the antibiotics until we finish the whole bottle. While the nurse is removing her IV, she's crying and shouting "No please" again.  After the IV finally removed, Jashley said  "punta tayo house, Mommy", she also kept on saying this the whole time we were at the hospital. The moment we got out of the room she stop crying,  I wish I was able to capture how happy she was when we finally got out of that hospital room. Kahit ako sobrang excited and happy that finally I can give na her "punta tayo house" request, we will going home na. I can sense how happy she was that moment, she said goodbye to everyone, to everything she saw there, while we were riding the tricycle she said "goodbye nurse, goodbye doctor, goodbye guard, goodbye hospital, goodbye dog, goodbye plants, goodbye trees at kung ano ano pa. While she's saying goodbye to all of them I am praying and hoping that this goodbyes means she's not going to go through this and experience this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment