Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ang Tagapagtanggol

Is it only me or every Mommies out there is experiencing the same dilemma I have with my  toddler right now. These past few weeks I noticed that Jashley is becoming a little bratty and pasaway. If she cannont get what she wants she'll have tantrums, if you make her saway she'll whine. And just recently I don't know where she learned this "ikaw kasi huh" phrase that she always says anytime someone saway her or disturbed her on whatever she is doing. Like for example, I made her saway, she will say "si Mommy kasi huh" complete with pagkunot ng noo and a hand gesture that looks like she'll gonna hit you. If you accidentally bumped into her, or you interrupted her while she's watching, or you said no to her request, she will say "Mommy/Daddy kasi huh" as if she's blaming you.  I don't know where she learned that, we don't allow her to watch naman mga palabas sa TV, mostly educational lang pinapanood nya. She seldom plays outside din para matutunan nya yan sa labas.

Then last night while she's holding a hanger, I heard her ask Mama (my MIL) "gusto mo palo?", this one I know she got it from us because I asked her that same question kapag sobrang pasaway na siya, though I don't hit her naman, more on "amba" lang except on some occasions na super bad yung ginawa niya. I talked to her after that,

Me: Jashley, I don't like what you did to Mama awhile ago, that's not nice, don't do that again ok?
Jashley: Opo
Me: Promise me you will not hit someone again ok?
Jashley: Yes

I have been practicing this kind of conversation even before she turned one everytime she did something wrong, pero last night lang ako naka-receive ng ganyang reply from her. Usualy when i talk to her she will cry and make tantrums or she'll hug me or she'll run to her Daddy. So nagulat talaga ako sa sagot nya, well thats good though, I hope lang na sana she really understand me when she said yes, anyway uulit ulitin ko yan sa kanya unti she finally understand it. Good thing din siguro that when I talked to her dalawa lang kami, so she cannot run to anyone for help.

I also talked to Hubby last night on how we will discipline Jashley about this, He spoiled her kasi, same with my parents in law, they don't want to make saway Jashley because she's too young pa daw to be scolded and understand that what she's doing is not right, masayadong spoiled palibhasa nagiisang apo, ayan tuloy akala nung bata it's ok to hit someone, na laro laro lang ang paluan, tatawa pa talaga yan after she hit someone. For me kasi eversince she was a baby I didn't allow her to do that to me. If you will instruct her to hit me, titingin lang yan sakin and tititigan ko lang din siya, then she will say "No", she knows kasi that I will get mad if she hit me. When she asked my MIL last night, "gusto mo palo?", my MIL replied "Sige itanong mo yan sa Mommy mo kung gusto nya palo", when she saw me, she immediately said "No" , I asked her to give the hangerto me but she said "No, Mommy please" and put the hanger back to where she got it.

I told that story to Hubby, and explain to him that maybe Jashley got confused with how we disciplined her, that we were sending a wrong signal to her, that we should be on the same side always in disciplining her, for me lasi it looks like Jashley thought that It's ok to hit anyone except Mommy because I'm the only one who gets mad whenever she does that. And from now on when one of us is scolding her, wag aamuhin ng isa ung bata, yan kasi si "eto na ang  tagapagtanggol", as in when I'm scolding Jashley, he will shout that tapos lalapitan yung bata at aamuhin. Hay pasaway, dapat siguro si Hubby muna ang disiplinahin ano? Watcha think Mommies?

No comments:

Post a Comment