Friday, April 8, 2016

DIY: Glue Foam

While I was researching on web the other day I stumble upon a blogpost about glue sponges, I got curious so I continue reading to know what it is for. After learning that it will be helpful in preventing a big mess and waste of glue in doing arts and crafts with kids, I decided to make one, And it is so timely because I am planning to do a lot of arts & crafts with Lady Bug in our letter activities.

Here are the materials you'll be needing:


 -white glue or school glue
-water
-sponge
-sealable container

I was about to buy a sponge and a container when I saw in our kitchen that empty dish washing paste container with the sponge that comes with it, which we didn't use because were using a different sponge in washing our dishes. I thought that this would be perfect for this project. But since this container is small it will only helpful on dipping small pieces of paper so a larger container is much better if you are doing bigger arts and crafts. Will try to make a bigger one later on if this will be a hit for us.

I just pour out half of the contents of this bottle of glue on the bottom of the container, add a small amount of water.

Put in the sponge, and pour the remaining glue on top of it.



Cover the container to prevent it from drying up. Then allow the sponges to sit for a few hours (1 day for bigger and thicker sponges), so that the glue can soak in. You may also need to spray it with water & flip the sponges from time to time to prevent them from drying out. That’s it, your glue sponge is ready to go!

You may check our DIY glue sponge in action for the first time in this post.

I notice that Lady Bug was a little reluctant in dipping her piece of paper on the glue sponge bacause her hand always touches those glue on the sides of the container whenever she dip her paper. So I think I need to add another layer or 2 of these sponges so it will be close to the height of the container or will try to make a larger version of this.

But for the meantime this worked fine for us. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment