Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DIY: Travel Theme Snack Buffet

My first attempt on making a DIY candy buffet was on my own wedding but it is a major fail so I decided to not show it here anymore on the blog, the second try was on Jashley's first birthday and I guess it was a success this time. when my soon-to-be sister in law then, saw it, she asked me if I can also make one for her wedding, I'm a little hesistant at first because unlike for birthdays, which guests are mostly kids, preparing a treat is a lot more easier, than for wedding which guest are mostly adults. But I accept it anyway.

Their theme was travel and the color motiff was yellow and brown. Since this is a wedding I thought that it is more apropriate if I will serve snacks that adult can enjoy, rather than candies.


What I did was to find bought store snacks that is either yellow or brown. So here are the list of the snacks I found at SM supermarket.

*Yellow Wafer Stick (Cheese flavor)
*Brown Wafer Stick (Chocolate flavor)
*Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Mini Mamon Cupcakes
*Yellow Marshmallows (Mango flavor)
*Brown Marshmallows (Chocolate flavor)
*Dew Berry Cookies (Peaches & Mango flavor)
*Orange Candy Coated Chocolate (the yellow color where out stock that time so I use the orange color instead)



To incorporate the Wedding's theme I printed out signages which says "In flight Snacks", food labels which has a navigator style background, country flags cupcake toppers.


Luckily I found a scrapbooking travel theme kit on my scrapbooking stash, I used the map background papers to wrap the letters A and M (which is the couples initial) cardboard that I bought from Divisoria and stick travel stickers for the ampersand sign.



I also made a yellow & brown paper airplanes which I attached to a thin wire that I got from Daiso that serves as a stem, and arrange it like a bouquet of flower and put it in a vase.


The yellow paper cups was from Divisoria too, 60php for 50 pcs. The jars and plates used was the same items that I used on Jashley's candy buffet on her first birthday except for the cupcake stand, since I cannot find a yellow cupcake tower cardboard like the one I use on Jashley's birthday, I just decided to buy this one which is made of a plastic material at SM Megamall department store for around 250php, and because that is made out of plastic materials that means I can use it again and again on my next DIY buffets.


Hope you like my DIY Travel theme snack buffet. Till next time. Bye bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment