Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY: "Here Comes the Bride" Banner

3 more weeks before our "Big Day", and I still need to do alot of DIYs, I actually accomplished alot of thing last week. And I am sharing you one of those. I actually cross this out on my list since I cannot find a burlap fabric here in singapore, but when I saw this pink fabric in Daiso (i don'y know exactly what kind of fabric is this), an idea hit me, and I think it would be a perfect alternative to a burlap fabric for this project. I also bought the letter template to use for this project.

I cut out letters to spell the "KUYA BRY" on the gray felt fabric then cover it with a lace fabric (this lace fabric is actually a lace curtain that I also got from Daiso). I do the same procedure for the "BRIDE" but using a white felt fabric as a base. 



 Then I write the "HERE COMES" using the template on the pink fabric, and freehand writing the "YOUR" word.  And finally I attached the cut out letters to the pink fabric using fabric glue.

Here is the final product. I add a heart shape on top of the letter I on the BRIDE. I am still thinking if I will use a stick or just attach a string for the handle on top.   

And here is my inspiration. I think i will also add some flower embelishments on sides.

 -♥♥♥-

No comments:

Post a Comment