Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY: Invitation Part 1

I am working now on another DIY for our wedding, our invitations. At first we plan to just get someone to do for us, but we cannot find anyone who can make the design we want. One day while I'm doing a scrapbook layout for our scrapbook album that we are also planning to display on our wedding reception, an idea suddenly hits me. Since both of us are into scrapbooking (well actually ako lang talaga, nahilig nalang din si   honeyko  because minsan pinipilit ko sha na gumawa din..haha..) we decided to have a scrapbook style invitation. I start finding and buying things that I needed for the project and when I actually compute the cost, Oh boy! I spent almost the same cost we will spend if we just get someone to do it for us. But who cares atleast the design is something we really want. And the best part is I gain additional scrapping tools..hihi..Let me share you first what are the materials I used and an overview of the card design as I cannot post yet the finished product coz it is still under construction.

Materials used in this project:

- papers (both plain and patterned paper)
- die cutting machine (used in scrapbooking)
- dies (any design you prefer)
- embossing folders
- ribbon
- logo stamp (customized rubber stamp of your logo/monogram)
- embossing powder (any color of your choice)
- heat gun tool
- glue/adhesives
- cutting tool
- scoring tool
- printed out invitation pages (i use photoshop to layout the deisgn)
- photoshop software
- autocad software

Invitation template design and sizes (i use autocad for the layout):

 This is an overview of the design we wanted to achieve. I'll discuss about this on my second part of  this DIY invitation. 


And here is the sizes of the papers needed. You may click the image for a larger picture.

That's all for now, I'll write another detailed post on how I make these invitation next time. Happy preps to all the bride out there. =)

 -♥♥♥-

3 comments:

  1. hi! super inspiring naman mga DIYs mo.. i liked everything lalo na invitations nyo.. wanted to do my own also pero wala ako ng mga gamit mo.. any suggestions pag di available ung mga tools such as die cutting machine and logo stamp or maybe kung san na lang nakakabili nyan.. hehe.. pa-advice naman.. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello coluej! Thanks! Yung mga tools ko kasi is dito ko nabili sa Singapore, di ko sure kung meron jan satin ng die-cut machine, anyway pwede nman na simple invitation cover lang gawin mo, kahit ndi mo na i-cut yung cover, design mo nlang ng parang-scrapbook type. For logo stamp naman sa recto lang nagpagawa si Hubbyko, binigay lang namin sa knila yung print-out nun design na gusto namin.

      Delete
  2. hi sis! nagreply ka pa pala dito.. :) ako din ung nagtatanong sayo sa gt.. hehe. same kasi tayo ng venue, sa greenery din kami pero this december pa.. super na-inspire talaga ko sa diys mo.. thanks sa help and sa pagshare ng infos.. :) sayang d tayo nag-abot jan sa sg, baka na-meet pa kita kung sakali at naturuan mo pa ko mag-diy.. hehe. salamat ng marami! God bless u and ur family always. :)

    ReplyDelete